We recognize the important role visitors - family and friends - can play in a patient's recovery. For that reason, and to ensure that hospital staff can continue to provide the highest level of care possible, we have established a visitor policy designed to help patients achieve a healthy and speedy recovery. We ask that you review these guidelines carefully and direct any questions to our Nursing Department at
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Patient Spokesperson
In order to represent the interests of each patient, we ask that a family member or friend be designated to act as Patient Spokesperson. This person would be asked to assist in informing others of our visitor policy and service as the primary individual responsible for making any inquiries on the patientís condition, as well as in forming other interested parties. Multiple telephone calls from several different individuals about the same patient take away from the time that nursing care can be provided.
- Only two visitors are allowed per patient at any time.
- Visiting hours are 2:00-8:00 pm, except as follows:
Care One surgical unit:
Open visiting hours
1:30 - 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Southern New England Rehabilitation Center:
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
2:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday
Children & Youth:
Parents may visit and stay from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Others may visit between 2:00 - 8:00 pm
Center for Psychiatric Services:
1:00 - 2:00 pm & 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Monday thru Friday
1:00 - 6:00 pm, weekends and holidays
- Children under 14 may only visit with permission of the Patient Service Coordinator, charge nurse or primary care nurse (authorized staff members). Children should not visit if:
A) They are ill, particularly with a cold or any respiratory ailment.
B) They have recently been exposed to any infectious disease, such as measles, rubella or chicken pox.
- All visitors must leave the patient's room whenever it is necessary for any medical care to be rendered or whenever in the judgement of an authorized staff member, visiting rights must be limited due to the patient's condition.
- Please limit the time you spend with patients since they tire easily, and be mindful that they are less able to resist infections.
- Please share this policy with relatives and friends who are likely to visit.