Pulmonary Function Testing
- Tuesday-Thursday 730 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Pulmonary Function Laboratory 401-456-3173
- Scheduling/Reports 401-456-3926
- Routine pulmonary function testing including complete spirometry, residual air, and diffused lung capacity.
- Cardiac/pulmonary stress testing performed under supervision of critical care physician.
The pulmonary function technologist is licensed as a respiratory care practitioner; the medical director is board certified in pulmonary and internal medicine; and the cardiac/pulmonary stress testing physician is board certified in internal, pulmonary, and critical care medicine.
- The Joint Commission
Managing your COPD
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe. COPD can cause coughing that produces large amounts of mucus, as well as wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and other symptoms. The good news is, you can manage your COPD to help minimize symptoms and even prevent a re-admission to the hospital.
Below are a number of tools including an informative video and a PDF file with an action plan, calendar, and refererence sheet to help you manage your COPD. At the "Find A Doctor" link above, you can find a physician from our hospital system who specializes in pulmonology and can assist you with managing your COPD.